Lead Ruby Developer
Оur cliеnt is аn US-based fintеch cоmpаny that develops a pеrsоnаl loans platform. The goal of the service is to provide custоmеrs with a workaround for the unеxpеctеd еxpеnsеs.
The company is currently looking for a Lead Ruby Developer to spearhead the development team, fine-tune the workflows, and elevate the platform to a new level.
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer on complex web applications;
- Background in Frontend or the DevOps would be an advantage;
- Skilled in leading development teams;
- Solid communication skills to describe problems and present solutions;
- Well-versed with Ruby and Ruby on Rails framework. Knowledge of other OOP languages like Python or Java would be an advantage;
- Understanding of data model design for relational databases;
- Knowledge of Postgres would be an advantage.
The specialist will be leading a team that will be a mix of full-stack generalists and specialists of specific components of the platform.
The position involves cooperation with Project Managers and Engineering Leads in building new systems, enhancing existing systems, integrating with external systems, and performing projects.
In addition to that, the Lead Ruby Developer will work closely with the VP of Engineering and other leads to realize the platform’s engineering roadmap.
Overall, the responsibilities include the following aspects:
- Underwriting system that decides if a customer is approved for a loan;
- Loan management system redesign, which involves 3rd party integrations and the general state machine of a loan;
- Marketing systems which involves bidding and processing loan applications through multiple marketing channels;
- DB and application performance engineering projects.
- Ruby on Rails;
- Python Flask app;
- Postgres, Redis, Redshift;
- Vanilla JS;
- All on AWS using Lambdas, EC2, ECS.
- Opportunity to make an impact in a growth stage company.
- Remote work;
- Competitive salary;
- Vacation and paid sick leave, US corporate and Ukraine Holidays.