Senior Java Engineer
International money transfer startup supported by most experienced innovators and influencers. The game changer in financial operations worlds the company is actively disrupting currency & international money transfer processes while being fair and transparent. One of the core values is a strong client is a customer-oriented approach while fostering team growth and high-end product development.
This company is looking for an engineer who wants to make a difference in other’s lives by creating a new product and building a modern international financial institution.
As a Java Engineer, you will work towards making our product the best that it can be. On one hand, you will do this by solving technical puzzles, working on automation, scalability and speed related topics. However, on the other hand, you will do this by figuring out what are the best product decisions based on feedback we get from our great customers. You’ll be forced to think how we can get that feedback (and most importantly how we can get the most relevant feedback), how to develop the product in such a way in which will boost future development and how to maximise and track the impact of the product in the life of customers.
- Product development and enhancement (solving technical puzzles, working on automation/scalability / speed-related topics, figuring out optimal product decisions based on customers’ feedback)
- Processing feedback from clients, in order to enhance the product and maximize its impact on the target audience
- Close collaboration with the product engineering team: product managers, UX and design experts, data scientists and other developers, in order to grow as a team and satisfy customers’ needs in the best possible way
- Problem-solving and innovative solutions conducive to the technology development process.
- Strong background with JVM, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud preferably
- Experience in Microservices architecture while knowledge of Grails & Groovy will be appreciated as these current power all business logic that’s not extracted into Microservices
- Good with MySQL and other database management systems – preferably PostgreSQL
- Kafka will be great to have as most of our messaging is done in Apache
- Kafka Docker, AWS and/or experience with automated testing will be cool things to bring with you
- Hands-on exposure to Test Driven Development (TDD), A/B testing and Minimum Viable Product (MVP) approaches & concepts
- Sleeping with a copy of “Clean Code” under your pillow, background within AGILE environments (preferably start-ups) and with FinTech stuff are big pluses
- Individual responsibility
- Innovative thinking
- Ability to work autonomously without strict subordination or hierarchy
- Keen to seek and find creative solutions independently
- A passion for technology, its impact on business and user experience
- A well-structured code, as well as a start-up background
- Readiness to travel for cooperation with international teams (UK, Estonia, Hungary).
- Competitive salary package;
- Paid holiday once per year;
- Stock options in one of Europe’s most hotly tipped startups;
- A personal development budget;
- Flexible working hours;
- Free team lunches;
- Working in a cool, atmospheric office.