VP of Engineering
Contact person:Olga Shmigol
Our client is a visual content platform, that is among the top five largest photo banks in the world. The company is currently looking for an engineering leader who can help to build a world-class engineering team and culture.
- In close collaboration with engineering leaders formulate and execute a technical vision for an efficient and scalable product delivery process and platform;
- Be an effective leader for engineering teams, communicate and drive engineering initiatives across functions;
- With the help of HR build a process to hire, develop, mentor and retain the best engineering talents;
- Maintain and improve the capabilities of our tech platform, ensure best development practices and controls are in place;
- Identify, prioritize and resolve development issues.
- BS, MA or PhD in computer science or related field;
- Proven experience as a VP of Engineering, Head of Engineering, CTO, Director of Engineering in a tech company managing a cross-functional team of 40+ engineers;
- Strong technical/engineering background and understanding of modern technologies, infrastructure and development best practices;
- Experience in recruiting, leading and motivating high efficient engineering teams;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
— Configuration management — ansible, terraform;
— Kubernetes over AWS EC2 + kops (No EKS);
— CI / CD — over gitlab.
- Monitoring and observability:
— OpenTelemetry (application traces and metrics);
— Loki (no ELK).
- Backend stack:
— Mongodb as the standard database;
— RabbitMQ as a message broker;
— Redis as caching server and work queues.
- Frontend stack:
— React, Redux, Rx.js, Canvas, WebGL.
The company offers:
- Competitive salary;
- Paid annual vacation & sick leave;
- Comfortable office (metro Polytechnic Institute);
- Flexible working hours, ability to work remotely;
- Strong corporate culture and good organisation of work;
- The company invests in the employee’s professional development and growth – including learning courses and knowledge sharing;
- Financial bonuses based on the company and personal performance.